« Home 

Friday, July 08, 2005 

Inaugural


If you're reading this, consider yourself welcomed to my new blog, Canadian Polemic. It's going to be an opportunity for me to share my thoughts and hopefully spark some debate on Canadian and international political and cultural issues. Bear with me in that I probably won't be the most faithful blogger - life away from the computer is far too interesting - but I'll try and be interesting and thought-provoking when I do post.

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language gives this definition for a polemic:

polemic: A person engaged in or inclined to controversy, argument, or refutation.

I certainly enjoy the art of debate, of discussing and arguing about important issues, so this seems like an appropriate descriptor. Hopefully you'll agree, and give me some good opposition to my opinions after I get going.

Recent Posts

News Sources

Progressive Bloggers Liblogs

Blogwise - blog directory Blogarama Powered by Blogger